Wednesday 15 September 2010

John Williams Spreading His Magic for Final Potter

Well, this news will be music to the ears of Harry Potterites and Muggles alike - John Williams is returning to do the score for Deathly Hallows Part II! To be perfectly frank, I never thought I'd see the day, so firmly ensconced was I in the belief that Williams, in his advancing years, would remain exclusively faithful both to main collaborator Steven Spielberg and his concert work. Given his terrific, bracing score for Azkaban (Williams was clearly energised by Alfonso Cuaron's spirited direction that, for a non-Potter fan like me, lifted the film from a series of stilted line-readings into gripping drama), I'm sure film score fans, Potter fans and general audiences alike are relishing the return of the world's most famous score composer to the fold. Can he conjure up a masterpiece to stand alongside classics like Jaws, ET, Raiders, Jurassic Park and the like? We shall see. In the meantime, we have Alexandre Desplat's upcoming effort for Deathly Hallows I to look forward too, a composer whose work I very much admire.

Here's the full story:

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/09/14/john-williams-returns-to-score-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment